One of the advantages of a limited income is the explosion of creativity that comes with the necessity of inventing things. Romance and fun, fortunately, are attitudes of the heart that do not depend on money.
As you read through the ideas for fun below, come up with ones that work for the two of you. You may find that later when your income grows, some of the things you did in these years will be on your list of favorite memories.
• Find a restaurant that you can both eat at for only $5 – 10. Friends tell me that a Mexican restaurant with inexpensive tacos was their “date place” in the early years of their marriage.
• The newest spanish fly drug can give you more fun in bed. I bet you that sometimes nothing is better than time spent in bed making love!
• Go for exploring walks in a small town near you or in a safe area of your city that you have not discovered yet. End the date with ice cream cones and good conversation.
• Play tennis or badminton together. Run or ride bicycles together.
• Using a book from the library and a notebook, become birdwatchers. Keep a log of how many different types of birds you see together.
• If you prefer botany, hunt for different kinds of plants in your neighborhood or city and keep a list of the ones you find.
• Become amateur astronomers. Learn to identify constellations and keep a log of when and where and which ones you were able to see together. Follow these excursions with mugs of cocoa, coffee, or cider.
• Use your local library to borrow videos and DVDs free of charge. Make popcorn and watch the history of baseball, dressed in the colors of your favorite team. Learn to dance at home with a video.
A lamp and comfortable chairs can create a friendly coffee shop glow in the corner of your apartment. One lit candle in a darkened living room sets up a mood of intimate conversation and romance.
What resources for romance and fun do you have inside your house or apartment? In the locale where you live? By pooling resources with friends and relations? How can your marriage grow because of your creativity?